News

( My personal website has gone to dust, any links thereto will fail. This site will be home for a while. )

Wednesday 9 January 2008

Fonty Python - Type1 issues

Type1 is a PITA
I got my first bug report today and that has led me to see that my code to handle Type1 fonts is more than a little fragile.

Right now, if you point it at .pfb files, then all should be well. I am trying to gather information about the other filetypes (like pfa and afm, pfm etc.) to see which ones I should bother with.

There will be a FP update once that's all done.

In the meantime, please let me have your error output as well as a listing of the folder/pog that caused the error. The more info I have about what you were doing when things went wrong, the better.
If fonts crash FP, you can also compress and send me the fonts that did the deed.

\d

No comments: